Sunday, February 14, 2010

THE PRESENCE

In the secret of His presence how my soul delights to hide.

How precious are the lessons that I learned at Jesus' side.

Earthly cares can never test me neither trials lay me low,

For when Satan comes to vex me to the secret place I go.

You may always be abiding if you will at Jesus' side.

In the secret of His presence you may every moment hide.



I would give credit where credit is due but know not the author of this short poem but do know the truth of the absolute joy and blessing of remembering always that when Jesus was born His Name was called Emanuel which means God with us. The Psalmist says "Where can I go from Your presence?" and then proceeds to proclaim that there is nowhere where God is not present. (Psalm 139) "The nearness of God is our good". In Exodus 33 it is written that when Moses went into the tent of meetings to meet with God that as he came out his face was so glowing that he had to wear a veil to keep from alarming the people. Oh, God, may it be for Your people today on Your day that the faces that have been with YOU will shine. May others see Jesus in the face of His own people. Make a distinction, Lord God, and may we give You the glory. "Those who look to Him are radiant. Their faces are never covered with shame." (Psalm 34)

No comments:

Post a Comment